Small expanding Sussex accountancy practice based on outskirts of Uckfield, seeking accounts production, taxation and bookkeeping professionals to join our small friendly team. Strong IT skills and experience of freelance sector would be advantageous.
Our existing team have a good mix of interchangeable skills including accounts preparation, tax compliance, bookkeeping, company secretarial for SME business and private clients. In addition we work with a local firm of payroll professionals to whom we have outsourced all payroll work.
We have an existing core of consultancy, contractor and freelance clients who operate through limited companies. We provide all-inclusive, fixed price fee, packaged services covering bookkeeping, payroll, VAT, company secretarial, accounts production, business tax, personal tax, tax-efficient remuneration planning etc.
Senior Client Manager (Practice)
East Sussex: £37,500 – 45,000 + pension + free parking, negotiable
Modern and highly established small firm of Chartered Accountants growing by 50% every few years with a very friendly team. We provide a range of services to a variety of small businesses using cloud-based systems and, as a Senior Client Manager, you will prepare accounts and taxation computations for a portfolio of sole trader and limited company clients as well as assist the Director with a variety of practice manager duties.
The firm is expanding, hence the need for an additional member of staff. Staff tend to stay here for the long term, mainly because we truly invest in making our staff happy, feel respected and provide opportunities for advancement.
We are now offering a qualified accountant with a public practice background an opportunity to join our successful team and help to ensure continued growth. Reporting to the Director, you will be required to:
- Prepare and oversee production of accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships
- Prepare final statutory and non-statutory accounts
- Prepare tax computations and complete tax returns and submissions to HMRC
- Review accounts and tax returns of advisory staff
- Execute company secretarial duties
- Assist with managing the practice including assurance, compliance, due diligence, planning & new projects
In return, we offer:
- Beautiful rural office setting with friendly and personable work colleagues
- Generous salary, AE pension, flexible working hours, free parking and discretionary bonuses
- Genteel pace of life with good life/work balance
Our office is situated in the heart of rural East Sussex with easy access to Brighton, Eastbourne, Lewes, Burgess Hill, Uckfield, Lindfield, Hailsham, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead, Crowborough and Royal Tunbridge Wells and, being rural, you will need to drive to get here.
Why should you apply?
- We are located in beautiful Sussex countryside with nearby major towns and cities
- We are a modern firm using all the latest software with an enviable reputation for excellence and a growing client base, mainly by referral
- We have a friendly culture where you will feel comfortable and welcome
- We provide staff with fully expensed on-going CPD training
- You are a Client Manager or Senior Accountant working in practice with the ability to prepare accounts in accordance with FRS 102(1A) and FRS105, corporate and personal tax returns and would like to expand your role to include some practice management whilst still retaining a hands-on approach
- If you enjoy stability, steady growth and like to be kept busy whilst also enjoying a healthy work/life balance, then we are the firm for you
How to apply
For further information, including a full job specification and to apply, please in the first instance send your CV to [email protected].
We are committed to equal opportunities in full accordance with the equality Act 2010 and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are fully GDPR 2018 Compliant
Online Accounts Assistant
Reporting directly to our Online Accounting Team Leader responsibilities and duties of Online Accounts Assistants will include:-
- Bookkeeping using online ClearBooks software
- Monthly review of financial data on ClearBooks and effective communication with Accounts Managers of KPI’s
- Preparation and subsequent submission of VAT returns monthly after review of workings by accounts manager
- Monitoring relative merits of alternative VAT schemes
- Development and improvement of online software and internal systems by offering enhancement suggestions
- Office-based, you must be able to work on own initiative under pressure to meet strict deadlines. An organised approach and a keen attention to detail are also key.
- Driver, good communication, organisational and IT skills.
- Software used by our practice – ClearBooks, CCH professional suite (AP, Personal Tax, CorTAX and Central Practice Management), Sage Line 50, and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience desirable but full training will be provided.
- Ongoing CPD programme provided as appropriate.
- Competitive remuneration packages – based upon on experience comprising a mixture of salary, childcare vouchers, pension etc.
If you are excited about the prospect – we want to speak to you now!
Send CV to: Maitland Ltd, Office C, Maple Barn, Beeches Farm Road, UCKFIELD, East Sussex TN22 5QD
No agencies please