Small expanding Sussex accountancy practice based on outskirts of Uckfield, seeking accounts production, taxation and bookkeeping professionals to join our small friendly team. Strong IT skills and experience of freelance sector would be advantageous.
Our existing team have a good mix of interchangeable skills including accounts preparation, tax compliance, bookkeeping, company secretarial for SME business and private clients. In addition we work with a local firm of payroll professionals to whom we have outsourced all payroll work.
We have an existing core of consultancy, contractor and freelance clients who operate through limited companies. We provide all-inclusive, fixed price fee, packaged services covering bookkeeping, payroll, VAT, company secretarial, accounts production, business tax, personal tax, tax-efficient remuneration planning etc.
We have identified the freelance market sector as a key area for our continued growth and are looking to significantly expand our on-line accounting function. Our target is to double the existing number of freelance clients by March 2017.
Since April 2014 our clients have used our award winning ClearBooks online accounting software incorporating some of the very latest technologies available. We use the CCH (Wolters Kluwer) suite of practice management software for time and fees, accounts production, corporate and personal taxation.
Our requirement is to expand our existing dedicated online accounts/tax team of professionals who will each contribute the required skills to service the growing number of freelance clients by March 2017.
Flexibility and willingness to get involved not only with a range of interesting work but also be prepared to handle some of the less-interesting yet vital other routine practice tasks will be essential.
Our standard office hours are 40 per week. Part-time and full-time roles will be options available to the right candidates.
Online Accounts Assistant
Reporting directly to our Online Accounting Team Leader responsibilities and duties of Online Accounts Assistants will include:-
- Bookkeeping using online ClearBooks software
- Monthly review of financial data on ClearBooks and effective communication with Accounts Managers of KPI’s
- Preparation and subsequent submission of VAT returns monthly after review of workings by accounts manager
- Monitoring relative merits of alternative VAT schemes
- Development and improvement of online software and internal systems by offering enhancement suggestions
- Office-based, you must be able to work on own initiative under pressure to meet strict deadlines. An organised approach and a keen attention to detail are also key.
- Driver, good communication, organisational and IT skills.
- Software used by our practice – ClearBooks, CCH professional suite (AP, Personal Tax, CorTAX and Central Practice Management), Sage Line 50, and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience desirable but full training will be provided.
- Ongoing CPD programme provided as appropriate.
- Competitive remuneration packages – based upon on experience comprising a mixture of salary, childcare vouchers, pension etc.
If you are excited about the prospect – we want to speak to you now!
Send CV to: Maitland Ltd, Office C, Maple Barn, Beeches Farm Road, UCKFIELD, East Sussex TN22 5QD
No agencies please